Monday, March 1, 2010

New Tachometer

The new tachometer arrived last Friday afternoon. I spent some time working to get it to fit into the space available in the instrument cluster. It turned out to fit quite nicely, although it was really tough getting it secured and sealing all the light leaks around the edges. Here's a rather dark shot of the instrument cluster installed in the car.



As you can see, the airbag still needs to be installed. Tomorrow, I'll remove all power from the car, and install the airbag and steering wheel. Next, I need to seal up a few gaps to be sure that the back battery box is water tight. After that's done, the car is coming off the jack stands and I'll be taking it for it's maiden voyage. I'm being encouraged to wash the car first, and I think I may do that. If I'm going to record the first drive, I want it looking good!

No comments: