Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wiring Up Part I

Today was the day to start running power to all the auxiliary electrical equipment. It went fairly well, and I got quite a lot done. Here's a quick list of the bits that are ready.

1. Pedestrian horn with momentary switch (press it, it's on; let it go, it's off).
2. Motor cooling blower.
3. Vacuum pump for the brakes.
4. Water pump to cool the Zilla Controller.
5. Fuse box for all components switched on by ignition switch.
6. High power lines to the power steering pump.

I still need to install the proximity switch for the power steering pump as well as wire the off delay relay, but the schematics for that relay are a bit over my head. I'm going to have to ask someone to help me decode it.

So that was all the easy stuff. Onto more difficult things tomorrow.

No comments: