Friday, November 13, 2009

More Power Steering Fun

I rigged up the proximity switch for the power steering pump earlier. It was tricky work because there is a very small threshold to place the switch so that it will work properly. However, with a little work, I got it right where I want it. The switch will come on only after about I've turned the wheel to about 45 degrees off straight. Changing lanes shouldn't cause the pump to come one, but if making a real turn, it should come on in plenty of time to assist.

I also filled the power steering system with fluid. Though I hooked up the lines a while ago, I just didn't have any fluid to put in the system. After about 5 minutes, my worst fear was evident on the floor. Sure enough, there is a small but steady drip from the point where the new high pressure hose attaches to the pump. That can't be good.

I've drained the system for now. Now I have to go figure out how to fix it. Bleh.

No comments: