Thursday, September 10, 2009

Painting Work is Done

I pulled all of the masking tape and paper out of the engine bay this morning and paint work turned out great. No over spray and a good clean surface on each. The paint doesn't match perfectly in the engine bay because the original paint was subjected to 9 years of oil and road grime, but it looks good enough to me. Check it out:




I fit a few of the parts together to figure out how I'm going to mount the AC compressor. After a couple hours of work, I think I've got it sorted. I made a cardboard template for the base plate and fabricated a small piece of angle iron that should work out as a top bracket. Now I just have to see about having that metal cut up properly. A plasma cutter is what's in order.

3 comments:

Gam0ra said...

That looks great! Did you manage to get the battery box to fit?

Tim Catellier said...

I did get it to fit. I gently bent the sides out about 1/16" on each side of the tray and the box slid into place. It's tight, but it fits!

Gam0ra said...

Good enough!