Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Transmission Arrives

Well, the transmission arrived today, as I'd hoped it would. It was in good condition with one minor exception, a guide plate that's bolted to it used for two hoses was bent. A couple careful whacks with a rubber mallet and it's good as new.

In the mean time, I needed to torque down the flywheel and attach the clutch and pressure plate. Realizing I needed to lock the flywheel in place, I started looking around for some way to do it. I ended up using a leftover piece of channel iron, a long bolt and a C clamp to hold the bolt down.




I realize this means I'm dangerously close to achieving the status of "redneck", but BMW wanted crazy money for the "official" tool. Anyway, here's a good picture of the whole assembly.



Next, I have to get some replacement hardware to bolt the tranny up to the motor assembly.

No comments: