Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adaptor Plate Mounted

This morning I attached the adaptor plate, taper-lock hub and flywheel to the electric motor. The tricky part was making sure that the distance from the friction surface on the new flywheel to the back of the adaptor plate was exactly the same as the distance from the back of the engine and the original flywheel. I took my time, was very careful, and got it right the first time. Believe me, I wasn't looking forward to the prospect of tying to get that taper-lock hub apart if I messed up.

Here's a shot of the beautiful WarP 11 motor. With the voltage I'm putting to it, it should develop approximately 220 ft/lbs of torque at 0 RPM. I'm going to have secure this to frame very well.



Next I mounted the adaptor ring, adaptor plate, and taper-lock hub. This required the most care, but really wasn't that bad.



Last, the flywheel goes on. What a stunner. 11 lbs. of sexiness, that's what that is!


Hopefully, the transmission arrives today. I need to get the hardware to mount it up to the motor, but once I get that taken car of, then the whole assembly goes into the car.

No comments: