Friday, April 17, 2009

Cutting Steel

Today I cut the steel to support the three battery boxes that will go in the engine compartment. I've been using a blade on my miter saw that is specifically for steel. As I was working, I came to realize that clearly the way to do this would be to use a torch. The only down sides I can think of are 1. I don't own a torch, and 2. it's conceivable that I would blow up myself and my house trying to learn. It would be a real bummer if my wife and kids came home to a cater. I think this is probably one of those things that you should be taught by someone who knows what they're doing.

Still, progress is good, and things are moving along. Next week, I'm hoping to finish the frame for the back battery box, weld up the frames, get them ready for paint and even put a coat or two on them.

No comments: